15x56 Swarovski SLC Binoculars New vs Old
How much better are the NEW 15 x 56 Swarovski SLC Binoculars when you compare them to the OLD 15 x 56 Swarovski SLC Binoculars?
This past hunting season, I was able to compare my 10 year old 15x56 Swarovski Binoculars to my guiding partners on 2 different actual hunts. Both times I was very critical of the NEW Swaros, as I didn't what to believe this piece of glass could get any better. I didn't want to admit that I needed to upgrade, because I had already invested in a set 10 years ago, which was the last set of 15s I would ever buy.
My personal thoughts on the differences between the NEW vs Older 15x56 Swarovski SLC Binoculars:Pros NEW 15's:
- Brighter & crisper images (6% brighter according to specs)
- Low light glassing is increased by 10+ minutes
- Lighter than Older 15's by a noticeable amount
- Shorter in overall length, which means they will fit better in my pack.
Cons NEW 15's:
- Outside texture on the housing is tackier than old version, could be a Pro for you, but I didn't like the feel
- Logos are not as clean looking to me
- Cost (With this said, I will sell my old 15s to make up the difference.)
I hunt and guide 6 months out of the year, so my gear gets used more than most hunters use their's in a 5 year span. Glassing is a HUGE part of what I do to make a living and to be successful in the field. With this humbly said, I can tell you that I currently don't have the NEW 15x56 Swarovski SLC Binoculars, but after using my partners twice this year, they are at the TOP of my to BUY/Replace list this offseason!
For more technical data on the changes to the NEW Swarovski SLC 15x56 Binoculars watch this video review: